These propositions apply from 1 January 2011 for Winter QRP race on VHF. HI – Czech-Moravian amateurs broadcast the Winter QRP race on VHF
The winter QRP race on VHF is always held on Sunday of the first full weekend in February. It can be attended by competitors from all countries. It is an international race.
– 432 MHz 09.00-11.00 UTC
– 144 MHz 11.00-13.00 UTC
Types of operation: CW and fone according to permit conditions, while it is necessary to follow the recommendations of the I. IARU Region for various types of operation in the frequency sections of amateur radio bands.
– QTH arbitrary, there may be an electric current at the dimension.
– All station equipment must be located on the area with the maximum diameter 500 meters. The station station must not be changed during the race.
– The use of a remote receiver or transmitter is not permitted.
– Each station can have only one signal at a time, taking signal(Y) necessary to connect to the packet radio network are not considered – Multiple stations may broadcast from one station, it depends on the agreement between them
– The power output of the transmitter or the sum of the outputs of the output stages may not exceed 10 watts.
– Power supply for all devices, needed for operation (TCVR, rotator, bug, PC…) only from chemical sources, they can only be recharged from the solar cells during the race, Peltier's article, or human-powered mechanical resources.
– The antennas may be built no earlier than the Friday before the race.
– EME connection, cross-band and ground or space converters do not count towards the races. – Only one valid connection can be counted with each station in each band, in which the complete competition code was handed over and confirmed by both stations. Repeated connections must be marked in the log (RPT, DUPE apod.) with a point value 0.
– Using DX Cluster, chat, mobile etc.. is not limited.
The competition code consists of RS or RST, connection serial number and WW-locator. The connection sequence number on each band must start with a number 001. Full code including serial number of the connection from 001 non-competing stations also pass on, which do not want to be evaluated. Three zeros – 000 – they are not a proper serial number and the connection will be marked as invalid by the evaluator. Station, which do not want to be evaluated, does not have to send a diary.
Scoring: One point counts for each kilometer of bridging distance between the two stations. The point value of the connection in the competition diary must be given as an integer. A connection in the same WW-locator is counted 1 that. According to the recommendation of the I. IARU Region, a coefficient should be used 111,2 to convert degrees to kilometers, taking into account the curvature of the Earth. The WGS-84 system is used to determine the latitude and longitude of the competition site for the locator calculation (World geodetic system 1984). Connections with non-competing stations are also valid, which, however, are required to transmit the entire competition code, including the serial number.
Each band will be evaluated separately, on the one hand, the whole race by a simple sum of points from both zones. Single and multi stations are evaluated together. The first three stations in each band and in the overall ranking will receive a diploma.
The competition diary can be sent to the evaluator in electronic or paper form.
– The electronic log must be in EDI format (REG1TEST), designated as a standard format for the evaluation of plants within Region I. IARU. The diary in another format will not be accepted and the station will not be evaluated in the race.
– As a paper diary, a legible photocopy of the station diary with marked connection points is sufficient.
– A legibly scanned paper diary with marked connection points can also be sent by e-mail.
– The race log must be sent to the evaluator's address no later than the tenth day after the race.
The connection is invalid, if the station has a diary:
– Any error in the received code, ie. in the brand, report, the serial number of the connection or locator.
– If the connection time difference is greater than 10 minutes against the correct UTC time.
The station will not be evaluated in the race:
– For non-compliance with competition or permitting conditions.
– For false or erroneous information in the competition diary.
– For unsportsmanlike conduct in the race.
Sending a diary:
– elektronicky and qrp [at-sign] seznam.cz
– by post to the address Miroslav Bečev, Unstoppable 1831, 155 00 Prague 5
By sending the diary, the station confirms, that it met the propositions of the Winter QRP race on VHF